(#069 from Suffer Well Devotional Series©)
If you understand the totality of the renewed mind given as a gift to chosen men and women, then you would recognize that up until that point of redemption, we were all imprisoned in our minds dominated by “self” (the ego). The initial release from that prison becomes available when you experience this realization; “Hey, something has happened to me; for the first time I have this desperate need for Yahweh and the understanding of why His Son Yahshua had to shed His blood.”
This is the totality of the effects of Deuteronomy 30: obey His voice with a circumcised heart (mind); choose life; and abound in His blessings. Read it all and yet, be very careful. The initial release from our inner prison is only the first set of bars. The complete effect is a saved mind (salvation). There remains much work to do as each layer of the carnal “self” is removed from within the active and subconscious thought processes. And so with each release of the old, and the realization of the new creation you are (2 Corinthians 5:17), perhaps these ten steps might help with the healing process. Healing process? You better believe it. As the “self” decreases and the Messiah in you increases (John 3:30), you need to let each process slowly take root.
Meditate on these and let them take effect:
1. Scream out about the glory of the Father, Son and Ruach (Spirit), and this, within your soul;
2. Practice love and joy until He seals them within you;
3. Stay locked out from the world for a season, and repeat as necessary;
4. Embrace everything through the Messiah’s eyes and see the sweetness of it all;
5. Absolutely no big decisions made within the first thirty days of new freedoms realized;
6. No decisions ever made without Yahweh’s approval;
7. No decisions made without wife’s and husband’s mutual consideration (as applicable);
8. Sear righteous principles into those around you at all times;
9. Trust Yahweh to restore anyone and anything necessary;
10. Remember! Remember who the Father, Son and Spirit are to you, and what that means in regard to everything you face in life. No more guessing! No more “feeling” your way through life! Now you know and you are accountable!
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live. (Deuteronomy 30:19)